June 20, 2007

Pacific NW Landscape


For my dear friends Dana & Daniel, I wanted to create a design to really set the scene for their Pacific Northwest farm wedding. Drawing inspiration from the Gorge, Mt. Hood, and photos from the actual farm location, I created a series of drawings, which were arranged as a landscape. The invite text was nestled among the barn and pear tree and the RSVP and map were printed on the backside. After printing, I added a few splashes of watercolor to bring a bit of color to the scene - blue for the Columbia River, red on the barn, green for the mountain tree-line and golden yellow for each little pear on the tree. The expansive invite was accordion-folded to fit in a modest sized envelope, which featured a detail of echinacea on the back flap. [I couldn't scan the whole invite at once, so I split it into two pieces for this entry - you can see where the barn matches across the two pieces.]

No comments: